It is dedicated to Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception and is the seat of the archdiocese of Puebla. Its construction dates from the year 1539 but it was not until 1690 that it acquired the shape and size that it has today. It is in the Herrera style, with Renaissance facades and baroque interiors. Today, it is considered one of the most beautiful in the world by the many treasures inside.
Its two towers, flanking the Puerta del Perdón, are among the highest in the country. Inside there are the Altar of the Kings, the sumptuous Baldachin or Cypress, the altar of Forgiveness and choir of magnificent stalls, the three organs, the paintings of Miguel Cabrera on the Viacrucis, the Chapel of the Holy Spirit and the Sacristy, where they guard authentic treasures of religious art.
Currently on the main façade, the videomapping “Mosaicos Poblanos” is projected on weekends, which consists of a show that shows different stages of the history of the State, gastronomy, talavera, textiles and popular festivals.