Ex-convento de San Francisco de Ixtacamaxtitlán

Ex convent, Temples and former convents

Franciscan convent founded in 1542, and which existed as such until 1567, the year in which the building passed to the secular clergy and became a parish.

We highlight two chapels incorporated into the main nave, one dedicated to the Lord of Good Voyage, with Baroque altarpieces and paintings from the 18th century, by the artists Cendejas and Villalobos, known for painting works in the Cathedral of Puebla, and the second chapel dedicated to the Virgen del Carmen, with a churrigueresque style altarpiece and paintings by the same colonial artists, mentioned above.